As part of our celebration of National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) this October, GettingHired is broadcasting a new educational webinar series for job seekers with disabilities. The three part series called ‘The Journey of Job Seekers with Disabilities’, will focus on each part of the employment search process including:
• Understanding the basics of the recruitment process & how to get noticed
• Common frustrations of job seekers
• Getting a Job that’s Right for You
• What is ‘Schedule A’ and can it help you get a federal job?
• Understanding the online application process
• Requesting and managing accommodation
• The disclosure question and Self ID
• How can GettingHired help with your job search?
• What employers are being actively inclusive of people with disabilities?
Watch Part 1: Job Hunting & the Recruitment Process Now
Download PDF of Part 1
Part 1 Transcript
Watch Part 2: The application process, disclosing your disability and requesting accommodation
Download PDF of Part 2
Part 2 Transcript
Recorded Webinar Part 3: How GettingHired connects you to employers seeking candidates with disabilities, who are the most inclusive employers and how are they being inclusive
Playback recording using WebEx (Audio clearer)
Download PDF of Part 3
Part 3 Transcript
Is this Webinar Suitable for Me?
According to government legislation you are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:Blindness
Multiple sclerosis (MS)
Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
Cognitive or Intellectual disability