Millions of Americans are living with a disability and a significant proportion of this group are qualified professionals in search of a new job.
According to 2015 U.S. Census data, approximately 20 percent of the U.S. population has a disability; this includes around 12 percent of all college graduates and 30 percent of veterans. Businesses with the goal to increase their diversity have a competitive advantage by tapping into a talent pool that is oftentimes overlooked.
A community of talented professionals
There is a common misconception that individuals with disabilities may be less qualified or otherwise not as skilled as those without a disability, but in reality this could not be farther from the truth. At Getting Hired, our goal is to change this mindset.
Getting Hired offers access to a database of professional job seekers and our candidates are made up of some of the most highly-skilled individuals that companies want to hire. Indeed, with more than 190,000 registered job seekers, our community of talented individuals is made up of a variety of skills including:
- 35,000+ IT professionals
- 29,000+ finance and accounting professionals
- 20,000+ professional manufacturing engineers and technicians
- 17,000+ life science and healthcare professionals
- 13,000+ sales professionals
- 8,000+ marketing and communications professionals
It’s important to note that 54 percent of our registered job seekers hold a bachelor's degree or higher.
Success stories with Getting Hired
Our community of job seekers has bolstered businesses across the United States in recent years, with professionals placed into roles spanning a wide array of industries and disciplines.
Recent successful placements that we are proud to showcase from 2016 include:
- Systems Analyst in the IT industry for a Chicago, Illinois-based firm
- Senior IT Data Analyst in the financial services sector in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Mechanical Engineer for a Kentucky-based manufacturer
- Vice-President for Business Unit Strategy at a New York IT provider
- Aviation Technician in Melbourne, Florida
As you can see, there is an impressive breadth of talent for businesses across all sectors to draw upon when connecting with this community. It therefore pays for businesses to build a business case to gain a more diversified talent pool by partnering with us.
Getting Hired offers access to a wealth of talented job seekers who could be the perfect fit for your business. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay in the know about recent disability hiring news!