Giving back to our local communities and non-profit organizations is one of the most rewarding aspects of our work at Getting Hired.
In 2017, we participated in over 100 hours of community service collectively as a team. We wanted to help spread additional awareness to the organizations that we are passionate about in hopes that it will inspire others to increase their support to their local communities in 2018.
Painting tables at Port Discovery
In January, the Getting Hired team kicked off the year with a team activity by volunteering at Port Discovery in Baltimore. We spent our afternoon painting tables for the center’s kids and families to enjoy.
Wrapping up warm hats for #GoRed
In February, we supported the American Heart Association in Maryland with their #GoRed campaign. We helped with packaging red crocheted hats to be delivered to hospitals across the state for children with congenital heart defects.
I Run 4 Michael Membership
In March, our Account Manager, Sarah, was paired in the I Run 4 Michael program with a buddy with a disability to help motivate them to stay active! Sarah will do this by dedicating her workouts to her buddy on Facebook!
Light it up Blue for Autism Awareness Month
Our team was proud to support Autism Awareness Day on April 2nd by wearing blue to work and promoting our non-profit partner, Autism Awareness in their campaign to Light it up Blue!
USBLN’s Rising Leaders Mentoring Program
Our Business Development Director, Jovi, was chosen to be a mentor to a college student with a disability in 2018. Getting Hired’s mentee will meet and interact with our team in Maryland to explore her areas of interest in our work environment!
What events do we have coming up next?
- In May, we will be donating and participating in the Eagles Autism Challenge to support Autism research for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Drexel University, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health.
- In May, our Marketing Manager, Mikaela, is supporting the MS Society by walking to support her best friend from college who was diagnosed with MS in 2014.
- In June, our team is participating in the Shady Grove Fertility 5k run in Maryland to celebrate the strength and courage it takes to overcome infertility.
- We are participating in the Valor Games Southeast to support Veterans and members of the Armed Forces with disabilities! The event is still looking for sponsors and volunteers.
- Have you heard of Veterati? Our Account Manager, Lawrence, has joined thousands of Service Members, Veterans and Military Spouses in being a mentor on this Veteran Mentorship Platform and will continue to support the organization this year.
- Our team will support Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October by participating in walks as a few of us have family members who have been impacted by the disease.
We are passionate about recognizing and celebrating disability awareness days. Check out our Instagram to see our team support: Disability Independence Day, Women’s Equality Day, LGBTQ History Month, Epilepsy Awareness Month, Veterans Day, and National Disability Awareness Month (NDEAM) to name a few.