Job interviews can be overwhelming, but Getting Hired's upcoming Online Career Fair makes it easy for job seekers to showcase their skills and suitability for roles, without the added pressure of being interviewed in person.
Job seekers can attend this event from any device with an internet connection, even your smart phone.
Top job seeker tips to prepare for a Virtual Career Fair
Making a good impression is essential for success in any interview, so here we offer tips to help you prepare:
- Do your research: Take the time to learn about the companies you’re interested in interviewing with. Review their website, social media channels and current job openings.
- Update your resume: Make sure your resume is relevant to the roles you are applying for by highlighting your relevant skills pertaining to the positions you’re interested in.
- Create a reminder: Ensure you login to the event on time. Setting a calendar reminder will help you make the most of this opportunity to connect with as many recruiters as possible.
- Prepare an introduction and questions: The event is text-based chats, so save yourself time with pre-drafted questions, which you can easily be cut and pasted during your chat to reduce typing. Ask about the company culture, accommodations, benefits and their applicant review and hiring process.
- Dress to impress: While recruiters will not be able to see you, dressing as if you are attending a face-to-face interview will boost your confidence and put you in the right mindset for the interviews.
What essential information do I need to know?
Job seekers hoping to take part in our next Online Career Fair on May 3rd, 2018 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM EST should register in advance to secure your spot for this FREE event that is exclusive to all job seekers with disabilities.
Here’s a preview of some of the employers participating in May: