Recently, in partnership with the National Federation of the Blind, Kellogg launched its "Love Note" campaign, a series of Braille stickers and recordable audio boxes for its Rice Krispies Treats. The launch supports individuals with disabilities who are blind or have low vision with getting messages from their families and friends during snack time.
What Kellogg employees are saying about the “Love Note” Launch
Getting Hired connected with our employer partner Kellogg to learn more about why they launched the initiative. Rice Krispies Treats collaborated with the National Federation of the Blind and Kapable, Kellogg’s Business/Employee Resource Group (B/ERG) dedicated to ensuring that Kellogg maintains an inclusive environment for current and future employees with disabilities, to launch the campaign.
Here’s what Jessica Waller, Kapable B/ERG Lead & Sales VP at Kellogg and Emily Minardi, Associate Director of Marketing for Rice Krispies at Kellogg had to say about the launch:
1. Why is it important to Kellogg to be an inclusive company for individuals with disabilities?
· Kellogg is more than a business. We are a company with heart and soul. We must nurture a diverse, inclusive environment in which all our people are empowered to bring their most creative thinking, do their best work and achieve their full potential.
2. Does Kellogg have a larger connection to this cause?
· Our founder, W.K. Kellogg lost his sight for the last decade of his life. He continued to work at the company full time for a number of years afterward. We continue his legacy more than 100 years later by living our founder’s values and making inclusion and diversity top priorities. Inclusion is in our DNA, and is now shared through Rice Krispies Treats ‘Love Notes.’
3. Why is it a priority for Kellogg to make the investment to sell inclusive products for their consumers?
· Inclusion is in our DNA. W.K. Kellogg has given us a rich legacy of integrity, and honoring that legacy has been a significant part of Kellogg’s success story. It demonstrates our unwavering commitment to doing business the right way – the Kellogg way. Everyone is important, and we want each child to be able to feel loved, supported and acknowledged.
4. How has the Kellogg business/employee resource group (B/ERG) Kapable supported the “Love Note” enhancement on Rice Krispies Treats?
5. How are you celebrating the launch internally at Kellogg and why are initiatives like this important to your inclusive culture?
· A diverse and inclusive environment is an inherent part of our K Values, allowing our employees to bring their authentic “whole selves” to work so they can work together for the success of our business.
· We recently welcomed the Kalamazoo Training Center for the Blind, hosting students with varying vision impairments and sharing the connection our foods have. It was a very special opportunity to live our company’s commitment to ensuring that everyone, regardless of their abilities, has an opportunity to engage, flourish and thrive. The students received V.I.P. treatment and sampled the new Braille “Love Note” stickers.
6. Why is this an exciting time to join the Kellogg team?
· It’s an exciting time to join the Kellogg team because across the globe, we all have our eyes set on growth and innovation. We are also focused on corporate citizenship and how we can consistently make a positive impact on our society. You have the opportunity to be a part of a company that strives to inspire a better world and make a difference. Plus, we all have great pride in our iconic brands that are making a positive difference in the world—this Rice Krispies product launch is a perfect example of that.
7. How many individuals with disabilities do you anticipate ordering a free box and stickers?
· The Braille stickers and re-recordable audio boxes are exclusive to the 2018 back-to-school school season and available in limited quantities
8. Should consumers expect to see more inclusive products from Kellogg in the future?
· Rice Krispies Treats is passionate about offering more children the ability to experience love and support this back to school season. The ‘Love Notes’ Braille stickers and audio boxes will help make love and support more accessible this fall but we haven’t confirmed any plans beyond this initiative.